Wednesday, March 25, 2009

YOU ARE A STAR!!!!!


I am flipping channels last night on the TV as my normal shows are not on because the president was addressing the union again. I watched a bit of it but got bored by the repetition of his comments.... I was getting frustrated. SO, I start flipping channels and I land on this show hosted by Ru Paul- queen bee extraordinaire... Sort of a drag queens next top model named "Ru Pauls Drag Race" where she was looking to crown the next big drag queen. Never seen the show before- didn't know it existed. But couldn't turn the channel.
They amuse me so.
I like to be entertained and drag queens so do that to me..... And what makes it worse is how do those MEN get to lookin so much more glamorous and beautiful than most women????? Its absolutly outrageous!
Anyway, the episode I watched was the season finale...she crowned the next Queen and the credits rolled. BUT- I hung around a bit longer and they did a bring the cast back in to confront one another show............. WOW can those men cry!!! It actually was a bit amazing. One of the queens was telling the judges that she was made to feel like a loser EVERY time she walked on stage. RuPaul quickly jumped to the defense of the judges by simply saying "This is TV honey. There has to be ups and downs! If you walked away feeling badly about yourself its because you allowed it to be. Your a contestant, these are judges. The fact of the matter is, YOU forgot you are wonderful. YOU DID."
Wow.
I must say I was actually taken back by her words...... so blatent and open to the fact that you can't give a damn about what other people think. You can't waste your time worried about how other people perceive you. If you are comfortable in your own skin, that is all that matters. You take what they say as an issue THEY have and let it roll of your backs. Or in the words of Ru Paul "Bring it on Bitches!!!"
There you have it.
Inner bitch fashion tip : If you entering a drag race- make sure you tuck properly....... no one wants to see a gorgeous girl "packing"
Til next time
XO XO
-M

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy to have that attitude now, I just wish I'd have been strong enough to have it years ago. RuPaul rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA!!!! you're crackin me up over here, especially with the "tucking" tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey it is a valid queen fashion tip........ one of high importance i would think........

    ReplyDelete