Thursday, March 19, 2009

Is it a bird? Or a plane?

Duh duh na naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Why is it that all superhero figures have to stand feet apart, and fists on their hips with such majestic looks to their faces while their heads are pointed to the sky? When in all reality, mine doesn't look ANYTHING like that! In fact, if he was to stand like that I would probably start laughing out loud.
Mine- well let's see, how DO I describe him? He is a short wearing, shaven headed, corn fed white boy whose hair is turning gray as he ages. He takes longer then I do to get ready so I can't say he is faster than the speed of lightning. If he jumps too far he pulls a muscle so I can't say he leaps higher than tall buildings. But he does always tend to know when I need him.
He is always there to help me when I am in trouble and he always catches me when I fall. He is stronger than any one I know as he puts up with all the day to day crime brought about by his nemesis GRUMPY! (Or any of the other members of the evil world we live in)
Do I feel like Lois Lane from Superman as I am reporting all this day to day action? Na- I really feel more like Mary Jane from Spiderman who triumphantly marries a superhero of her own and does her best to support his cause.
This is how I see a good marriage. They take two parties that have an equal amount of NEED and want to cooperate in their said cause. Good marriages are so beautiful to watch because much like a good superhero movie, when orchestrated properly- are eventful and entertaining to the masses. I thank God every night I have one.
But then there are the unsung superheros behind our day to day protectors. In my movie I have this list of villaneous male cousins who use trickery and sarcasm as their weapon against my superhero- which he battles whenever they are around with as much failure as he has success. These characters are repeat actors in our saga and I don't think they will ever be beaten or defeated 100%. There is a list of super men and women behind him too, that taught him the tools he would need - when and how to use them, and most importantly how to pick your battles. They taught him that a superhero can only be super if he knows which villans to choose and which to leave for others to conquer on their own. If it weren't for the people behind my superhero, he wouldn't be so super. They have schooled him into the person he is and I am thankful they played such a part in our lives. Even as they have all un leashed my superhero on to the world on his own, they are all still doing great deeds too. The world really does need more superheros!

Superhero fashion tip: Tights are NEVER ok for men to wear. These should be left for the female heros of the world ONLY. Capes also NEVER a good idea- from what I hear they catch drafts and can be rather dangerous. If left too long, one could trip and fall and just look silly. Masks- as everyone wears them, I believe they are ok. Makeup- also should be left for the female heros of the world. Its not about how your dressed- but who you are that makes you a superhero!

No comments:

Post a Comment