Monday, March 16, 2009

(wo) Man vs. the crocodile


It is a beautiful Sunday afternoon in sunny Florida. The sun is shining and it is 85 degrees outside. I decide to be a good mom and take my one and only child to the zoo for a day together for fun animal adventure. Tristan is all decked out is safari gear- his beige shorts, zoo camp tee shirt and his zoo camp safari hat tied all together with his binoculars around his neck. He picked out army green pants and white shirt for me and a Brevard Zoo hat to wear myself. We are ready to go on an adventure.
Knowing that it is hot outside, we also bring along his zoo camp water bottle full of icey water goodness!!!!!! Ready- Set- GO!!!!! Our day at the zoo begins with the newly remodled childrens center. Exploring the cave and making our way to the top to lower eggs into a birds nest and raise other eggs back up to the one where we were standing....... THAT was fun. It was the making it to that point that was, well, lets say a bit difficult for someone my height (and I am not a tall girl.) walking through the cave it is BLACK, PITCH BLACK. I can't see an inch in front of me but I am walking and BONK!!! I hit my head on the cave ceiling...... OMG that HURT!!!!!! Ok, I find my way out of the cave but I am up on top of it....AW crap TELL me there is another
way down....... nope. I have to go back through that cave......BONK AGAIN I hit my head....... OW!!!! Ok we are outside of this cave and I am not happy right now.... hy head is throbbing, I feel stupid as all get out.... why didn't I dunk you ask? Well because it is high enough for an average adult to walk through except at that one unsuspecting spot that I continuously bumped my head.
Tristan goes back in and yells to me "come on mom! " I simply look at him and say "Um, I will be right here- you go have fun....." But after a bit, long enough that he should have been up to the top and out again I venture back in to look for him. BONK AGAIN! same friggin spot on my head, same friggin spot on the cave ceiling........at this point I yell "tristan I told you I didnt want to come in here. I told you I am not short enough to do this LETS GO!!!!" ............ ok so here is the first NO that tristan ignored for the day...............what you may ask, does this have to do with a crocodile...well here goes......
We decide it is time to leave the zoo and to get out, you walk through the alligator/ crocodile display....... Tristan decided he wanted to cool the little fellow off by pouring his drinking water on to the back of the guy sunning himself directly under the protective wire..... and this guy was HUUUUUGE. I even had said "OMG Tristan look at the size of this guy- he's huge" SO, as my darling son is "cooling the big fella down, he drops his bottle into the display (after I had asked his to NOT do it about 5 times......and of course, all the parents around us are taunting me to get this for my child. Not to leave it there...... I wouldnt want to be a bad mom and have him leave without it now would I? Um, of course not- NO! So i reach my arm through the hole of the fence and grab the bottle.........Um, why did it fit IN but I seem to be having trouble getting it OUT? ARGH>>>>>>>>>>>Hence the SECOND no he ignored from me.
I have to do a finger to finger hole to hole move on this bottle which by the way finally succeeded in getting it up to the top for another by standing mother to reach over and grab it. Argh- all this with out even as much as a thank you from the boy who almost got me killed!!!! heeheeeeeeeeee

3 comments:

  1. What a good little boy you have! I'm so glad you both had such a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Great story... gotta love boys :) How's the head? BONK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said to him, "UGH I HAVE A BUMP! HERE FEEL!" He goes "Nah I dont feel anything...." I was like WHAT? grrrrrr

    ReplyDelete