Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Who's the diva now????



Ok- look at him? He is sooo cute and cuddly AND FAT!!!! My father lives by himself in a huge house. Well, not exactly alone...... he has (at the house) 2 umbrella cockatoos, 1 african grey, 1 quaker parrot, 2 white eyed conures, 1 fat black lab and 1 fat beagle. (This is in his house- not mentioning the birds, geese, ducks, goat, chickens or horses he houses out back.) Todays story is strictly about his beagle. A 7 yr old pain in the %$# male beagle LUCKY.

My dad is out of town right now. That being said, the internal animal care falls on me. That is fine, I love his animals........ BUT he is a bit strange when it comes to their "outside time" schedule, and eating habits. One of the morning routines is that he gets 5 pieces of all natural turkey meat, warms it in the microwave for these dogs for 5 seconds and feeds it evenly to them. (this goes back to his lab- she has serious internal issue of her own and the vet has put her on a weird human food diet. My dad firmly believes that you can not be special to one and ignore the other so Lucky gets all the perks of Babys illness too!)

Anyway- after our trip to the zoo on Sunday, Tristan and I decided that we would go over to my fathers house to go swimming in the pool. Realizing that I dont believe the same way my father does in how to feed his dogs, I take out the turkey meat that I had ignored giving them, to give them their snack. I AM NOT WARMING IT UP FOR THEM THOUGH! THEY ARE DOGS!!!!! I hand it over to the lab and she gobbles the pieces up I give her. I offer the same amount to Lucky and he turns his nose up to it. ALRIGHT THEN, BABY CAN HAVE HIS SHARE!

Today is Wednesday. It has been a few days since I have given them their turkey treat. I figure if its not gone in the least my father will notice and get upset that I didn't properly take care of his animals. ARGH!!!! I get the turkey out, and this morning, I do admit, I warmed it up for them. I give Baby hers, and she gobbles it up. The I proceed to offer some to Lucky- and he gobbles it up. Are you kidding me? I really have to warm this up for him? Who does he think he is? Who does he think I am? And what is my purpose in this world to him? To simply be his meat butler?

The fat as anything beagle pictured up top is not picky about anything....he will eat ANYTHING!!! But obviously not! Lesson learned (as I have always said) I understand when people allow their animals to adopt their childrens spot in their hearts, really I do. But when your animals train you -instead of the other way around, it is a bit ridiculous. I think I will be having me some turkey sandwiches for a few days for lunch!

-m

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Thanks for a great laugh. I'm off to feed my dogs their pancakes! LOL

    ReplyDelete