Thursday, March 12, 2009

product review


It is a Sunday afternoon and I see an infomercial for Natural Advantage skin care system. I am not usually one to fall for infomercials, but this was a 5 piece anti aging total skin care set for less then $30.00......
Hell, I would spend that alone at the Clarins counter on one item so I figured I would give it a shot!!
I have now been using this product religiously as instructed for going on 3 weeks..........
Ok- how do I put this? My skin looks good,but it feels as though there is a fire UNDER the skin 24/7 whether theres make up on it or not
Especially around the eyes......(Yeah I know-NIIIIIIIICE!!)
So I call them and tell them I need to return the unused portion
for a full refund and to cancel my account. The person on the other side (a guy no less) proceeds to tell me that a burning sensation is normal due to the retinol in it. It takes between 6-8 weeks to go away. UM, not on MY face, near my eyes? Then the guy proceeds to
ask me "Is there any part of the system that is working for you?" I was like, "Um, well considering it is a 5 piece set that is used simultaneously every day- how do you determine which is working for you? I would like to return the unused portion for a full refund and cancel my account." He replies "Ok maam, I can offer you a 10% discount if you keep the items" I was thinking to myself why would I have called to tell them it was too strong for my skin, that I didnt like it and want to return it if I want to keep it?
I repeat "I would like to return the unused portion for a refund and cancel my account." He tells me next that I can recve a huge savings if I buy the mutli vitamin on sale today only for $1.98 when it is normally $21.99, Or that they are offering a great special on the clay mask TODAY ONLY! All I said back to him in my calmest of calm voices is "Sir, please listen to me. I dont like the product and your trying to upsell me on a return. I am sure the product is great for some women. I just dont happen to be one of them. I don't like the product- it's too harsh for my skin. I dont know what pieces do or dont work for me, I dont want to buy anything else at a discounted rate. I want to return the unused portion for a refund, and cancel my account PLEASE!"
Why was that so hard? Even as a consumer, we can't simply get what we WANT without the pushyness of having to have something else.............So, I have it here with me today, and I am sending it back....... I am not saying its not a great product. I can't even say I didn't like it. It simply doesn't work for me. But at that price, it was worth the shot!!!!!!
Till next time
xo xo
-M

No comments:

Post a Comment