Monday, March 2, 2009

The weekend has come and gone and here is what i learned.......


Ok so this weekend was day ONE of my sons soccer season (we had JUST enough players and we kicked the other teams BUTT), day TWO of this blog, Day THREE of my no caffeine, day EIGHTEEN of the love dare...... and day 12,865 of my just being alive....................SO, Where to start........
How about here:

I have a girlfriend who is on the search for God (or who she feels she needs to find her inner peace with) and I have agreed to go to an ashram with her to meditate on Saturday. WHICH by the way, I am actually looking forward to. They say there is nothing like sitting, being still and listening to hear that voice speak to you. As it is lent, I have given up caffeine (hence the above coment about no caffeine), and i figure it will not only be a great way to give something I HOLD VERY DEAR TO ME up, its a great way to detox too........

You see, my life line IS caffeine. I can put away a two litre or two in any given day of soda ON TOP of how many ever cups of coffee I decide to have that day, and the handful or two of peanut M & M's I get out of the machine at work. I am hoping it will be a great lesson for me both in pain (the loss of something I hold dear) and a great cleansing instrument.

OK- Now that that rant is over,back to the subject of spirituality.......

As my friend looks for her peace, & as she fights her inner demons, I am in hopes she can find it. It is sort of like an episode of Supernatural I watched this weekend (HUGE FAN!!!! LOVE THE SHOW!!) Right now the boys are fighting demons to cleanse the world of all evil. One brother is PART demon and the other was ripped out of HELL by an angel of God and they are fighting side by side to save man kind.

That all being said there must be something more right? Some sort of hope for us all........ I 100% believe though, that your situations ARE your way TO peace. Both inner and outer. So if God sees good in us, why is it so hard for us to find it in ourselves?

OK- with all seriousness aside, THIS JUST IN. I just learned that my husbands aunts new neightbor is THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS! OMG. LPGA is gonna get a little louder.... Can you imagine? All the straight necked men TRYING to play golf with all the noise coming from that house? Or FLEA himself out there trying to golf in nothing but his underwear and spikes? Ok- wait I think I just threw up in my mouth at THAT thought........ YUCK!

I have done nothing yet today for me to write in here about how wonderfully proud everyone should be of me, or any accomplishments yet for this day so stay tuned. Something magical MAY happen to us all and I will make sure I post MINE so you can read about it!!! Now, with THAT being said, the only left to say is: M OUT!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of how you're doing so far with no caffeine. The first week is going to suck but you'll get through it and will feel better in the end. You got this!

    ReplyDelete