Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Um what should I call this one?



"A bottle of red........ A bottle of white...... whatever kind of mood you're in tonite............... I'll meet you any time you want............ At our Italian Restaraunt"

Friday night, I had the opportunity to dine with a good friend of mine at a place I had never been to named "skewers". It is mediteranean food (greek) and oh soooo delish. We dined on yummy pita bread, and white rice, and I ordered a garlic chicken dish (you can never go wrong with anything douced in garlic) and she ordered Kafka (or rather hamburger) hers was not so delish. We enjoyed good food, great water, exceptional atmosphere, and delighted in the company we kept. It was a night of all nights. The conversation was one of intellect, as I try to always make it such with this particular friend becasue she IS an intellect- but she loves me anyway! There was a father daughter team sitting at the table behind us, and as they got up to leave she proceeded to ask "are we being too loud?" and the father quickly replied...."I was gonna ask you the same thing......"

Monday night, I had the opportunity to dine with another good friend of mine at yet another place I had never been to before named "island fish grill". It is a quaint little locals restarant that is home to a number of fresh fish dishes and probably Melbournes best ceasar salad. (No, seriously- that is how it is listed on their menu.) I dined on a steak and she on fish. To be honest though the conversation was so good and comical at times, that we could have been eating tar off the boardwalk and I don't think either one of us would have noticed. We discussed everything from past friends, to God, cars, drugs and death. It too was a night I will never forget. There was a party of 5 sitting next to us- a woman , her sister, her brother , and her two nieces....she asked "Are we being too loud?" we replied "We were gonna ask the same thing!"

There is something to be said about the dinner company you keep. In this day and age, it is far too easy to be and not really be alive. There is such a difference, and I am finding that more and more people are enjoying thier situations, making the most of them, and that are just happy to be alive. I know I am!!!

until next time

XO XO

-M

2 comments:

  1. Great song – it’s one of my all time favorites! And now, I will certainly think of you when I hear it. I agree with you about the food… we could have been Anywhere, USA. The company/conversation was the highlight of the night and the best dish on the menu!
    Thanks again… xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, I'm so glad you both had such a good dinner and a great time. :)

    ReplyDelete