Friday, April 10, 2009

Would YOU?



I just got back from the Good Friday service at my church. Today is the MOST emotional day of the YEAR for me. I cry like a baby all through out the worship part and then spend the rest of the time wiping my eyes from the aftermath of my tears in hopes that I don't look like Alice Cooper while in church.

With today being what it is- let me ask you....... Have you ever thought about what it FELT like for Jesus to go through everything he went through? Both the emotional and physical pain he endured? How did he handle the last few weeks or days KNOWING he was about to die a terrible death? How did he survive the days leading up knowing one of his closest friends would betray him? Not to mention the flogging, beating and mocking. The ripping of his skin. The weight of the cross on the gravel road all the way up the hill to where he would be murdered. What about the feeling of the nails going through his appendages? That alone is a pain I see when I think about it, and yes, sometimes I can imagine how much it hurt.

Are you THAT obedient to your parents? Let alone to the actual will of God?

The following is a song I wrote when I was in a rock christian band in high school (actually the band existed only in my mind- it never became a reality- but I did write this at age 17). I feel it is completely pertinent to this weekend.

"I shed this blood for you" by Fortress (or rather Michelle Rossi)

Uncaringly they toss a garment across his weakened form

as his blood pressure fell deathly low, the crowd began to swarm

They forced him to carry his cross up the hill, as his face they punched and smacked

While the splinters of the criss cross beam dug deep into his back

From the lack of sleep and dehydration, his tongue began to swell

And weakened by his loss of blood, the prophet teacher fell

When he did, some blood splattered on a man named Simon Shoe

As he bent to wipe it off, the prophet looked and said

"Simon - I shed this blood for you"

**This blood can save the soul, heal the sick, mend the heart. This blood can give you access to the very throne of God. It can go the distance through the pain to where you are. This blood I shed for you, the blood of the lamb.

Violently they grabbed his arms as they tightly strapped each wrist

with the hellish looks of an army soldier-whip clinched in his fist.

Laced with chips of bone they beat him hard, from his shoulders to his feet.

It sliced right through his olive skin just like razors through a sheet.

Countless times the blood splattered as each inhumane lash was given

and several times his knees gave way as his flesh just hung like rivets

then surprisingly he turned his head though the words he used was few.

The soldiers faces all turned pale when he said "I shed this blood for you"

**This blood can save the soul, heal the sick, mend the heart. This blood can give you access to the very throne of God. It can go the distance through the pain to where you are. This blood I shed for you, the blood of the lamb.

Then they pounded spikes into his wrists bursting arteries and veins

And as they dropped the cross into the hole they dug his body convulsed with pain

Through anguish and torment that never a soul shall find

He tilted his head toward heaven and full control of his mind

With more love than any human ever heard before from that time or since

He made a statement that to this day makes the strongest skeptic wince

He cried "Father God forgive them for they know not what they do"

And he gave his life for the lost in sin he said "I give this blood for you"

**This blood can save the soul, heal the sick, mend the heart. This blood can give you access to the very throne of God. It can go the distance through the pain to where you are. This blood I shed for you, the blood of the lamb.

When your lost and alone, and your mind is confused

He shed his blood for you

When you feel you've been hurt or abused...

He shed his blood for you.

I hope you liked my song.

til next time

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment